What is "Why Public Health Matters"?
This site and the hashtag #whypublichealthmatters are intended to raise the profile of public health professionals while collecting stories and experiences from the COVID-19 response. It is a partnership including:
- American Public Health Association
- Association of Public Health Laboratories
- Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
- Big Cities Health Coalition
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
- de Beaumont Foundation
- Episcopal Health Foundation
- The Kresge Foundation
- National Association of County and City Health Officials
- National Network of Public Health Institutes
- Network for Public Health Law
- Prevention Institute
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Society for Public Health Education
- Sunflower Foundation
- Trust for America’s Health
- Well Being Trust
You own the rights to your video, and by submitting it to this website you agree to let “Why Public Health Matters” partners use it for educational purposes. If at any time you decide that you don’t want your video to be used, contact us.
Many “Why Public Health Matters” partners have important COVID-19 resources:
See the News & Resources section to read about the impact of budget cuts on Americans’ health, including our ability to prepare and respond to emergencies.
Yes! Complete this form to ask a question or submit a comment. Journalists can request information or an interview here.